Sunday, January 25, 2015

Butterfly Wine Glasses

Well I finally tried my hand at glass etching and this is the result. There's a bit of a learning curve with this stuff but I think they turned out pretty good for my first time!

My friend loves butterflies and a good bottle of wine, so I bought some glasses and made a vinyl stencil with a butterfly that I found in the Silhouette online store.

I wanted the butterfly to be further down the glass but it was so curved I couldn't get the stencil on without wrinkles... Lesson learned. I still am very pleased with the way they turned out.


I used a brand called Armour Etch and it was super easy to use. I have a few other items that I would like to etch now that I know I can do it. Let the fun begin!!!!


My next post will be my first attempt working with a larger piece of vinyl. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!