Sunday, July 8, 2012

Get your sparkle on... PbD05

This week's Ink It Pink Challenge is all about SPARKLE

You can use whatever form of sparkle or bling that you choose.... metallic paper, Viva Decor, rhinestones, glitter and the list goes on.

I chose to use Glitter Ritz, my favorite glitter as my sparkle.

I started by stamping , Pink By Design's Cloudy Day Background stamp in Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue ink.

I then cut out some clouds in different sizes in white and dark blue, using the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge. I then stamped my sentiment with Pink By Design's Simply Everything.


I pulled out my Martha Stewart Balloon punch and punched a bunch of balloons out of Sookwang Be Creative Tape.

Then punched out matching cardstock to the color of glitter that I chose to use and stuck the tape to the cardstock.

I pulled off the paper backing and glittered away using several different colors of Glitter Ritz and let me tell you...I got glitter everywhere....even on my face.. lol.


Here is a close-up picture of the balloons... I used small punches for the heart and star and attached them Glossy Accents.


I added  some Pink By Design Divine Twine in Black Licorice to tie the balloons together.


For the inside of the card I used the clouds that I cut out earlier and used the Pink By Design October's Stamp of the Month - Friends to the End in Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid.

You should head over to Pink By Design's Blog and take a look at what everyone has been up to. Hope your day is full of sparkle and bling.


To be eligible for the monthly prize or weekly badges, you must use the fabulous stamps from Pink by Design.  Remember, instead of weekly prizes, they will draw one winner out of all the July entries.  Play each week with Pink by Design stamps, and you'll get  more chances to win!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at all that sparkle! I just love your card...it's adorable! Thanks so much for joining the Ink it Pink Challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I love how you made the clouds background by using a PBD Background stamp. Thanks for playing along with us this week. Hope you'll join in the new challenge at Ink it Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melinda I love it!! What a great Job!! I LOVE LOVE Pink by Design Background stamps and love how bright and cheerful your project is!! Great job on the glitter!! WOW What a fun project!! Thanks so much for joining us at www.pinkbydesignstamps.com!! Come back tomorrow for another challenge!!

    xoxoxo

    Jess @ www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!