Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bacon and Egg Birthday!!!!

Hello all! Today I have a very special card to show you. This fabulous (5x7) card was made by my better half for my birthday this past week....

He asked me what I wanted for my Birthday and I said, "I want YOU to make me Bacon and Eggs!!!!"

I do most of the cooking but he makes the best Bacon and eggs ever... He always says, "timing is everything" and he is right. Yum yum!

So before I received my bacon and eggs, he gave me this great card.... I just love it.


 The yellow ribbon and 4 black brads fit right in.


Hey wait a minute those aren't real bacon and eggs!!
I laughed so hard I was crying. 

To make this card, he made me a Bacon and Eggs SVG File and also an MTC File.

For awhile now he has been trying to talk me in to trying to use digital images and paper patterns so he took the opportunity to show me just how good they can turn out. The options for color and design really are endless.

For this card he used a couple different programs, our HP printer and Make the Cut.

For the patterned paper, Gimp, what a great piece of free software.

To make the SVG file, Inkscape (this program is very similar to Adobe Illustrator) then import to Make the Cut to cut it out.

Didn't he do such a great job? I'm so impressed!

Thank you Babe for the best bacon and eggs ever!!

XOXOXO

Here's the SVG he made...


I've added links to the (free!) files so you can make your own set of bacon and eggs... without the calories... enjoy.!

Download - Bacon and Eggs - Make the Cut File

Download - Bacon and Eggs - SVG File

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo cute! He did an excellent job, I love it too.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!